SUBARU LEGACY BATTERY PROBLEM

1997 Subaru Legacy • 225,000 miles

Car won't start when key is turned. It will start when alternate power is supplied to the solinoid? Also all the door locks and key fob won't work. I replaced about 4 fuses and they are all fine. Could this be a security issue?
Andy24529

Is this manual or automatic transmission?
Which 4 fuses did you replace?

Manual transmission. The fuses were radio, int lamps and the other two I am not sure.

Andy24529
Diagram shows the starting circuit and you would need a test light or DVOM to perform testing. At the ignition switch ensure yo have battery voltage at the Blue/Red wire when ignition is turned to crank. If battery voltage is not available, you have a faulty ignition switch.

If battery voltage is available, check the clutch switch. Ensure you have battery voltage at the Green/Yellow wire under above conditions. Use a jumper wire to by pass the switch to test if it works.

Check the relay if you don't have battery voltage at Green/Yellow wire or when you bypass and it still does not work.

The power door lock is fuse # 11.

Very helpful. Thank you very much!

Andy24529
You're welcome.

Let us know if you require additional assistance.