WHY DOES MY CAR POP OUT OF 4TH GEAR?

1997 Subaru Impreza • 150,000 miles

I have a 97 subaru impreza outback sport 5spd manual. It wont stay in 4th gear unless I hold the stick in place but thats only when im on a bumpier road. All the other gears are fine. I heard it could be a couple things such as a bad 4th gear shift fork and/or hub, or a bad engine or transmission mount. The bad engine mount intrigued me because I know one of them is worn. I want to know if I should just pull the transmission and fix it (if thats the problem) or put in new mounts and see if thats all it was.
Prich

Most likely syncro and bulk ring. Could like a friend of mine and bungy cord in 4th

Docfixit
I'm not convinced its the syncro because there is no grinding or any noise at all it shifts fine. If it was the syncro there has to be grinding or at least make it harder to shift that isn't the problem.

Prich
Im not convinced it is the syncro because for that to go it would grind the gear or make it hard to shift and that isnt the problem it shifts perfectly fine no noise or anything.

Prich
Sorry about sending the same thing twice I didnt know it went through

Prich
Problem is wear on syncro to bulk ring syncro coffen cut gear still good so shift is good but slop in syncro to bulk ring causes to pop out

Docfixit