SATURN SL1 FUSE PROBLEM

1997 Saturn SL1 • 193,000 miles

My cars cig lighter doesnt work. I thought it was the fuse so I replaced it then I turned the ignition to on and the newly replaced fuse blew up too. So what could it be?
GreenHornet1

Check to see if anything is in the lighter socket.

Make sure the wiring is in good condition.

I pulled the side panel off next to the cig lighter and was able to take out the wiring to the very back of the lighter and it all looks good and clean back there. Inside the lighter socket looks clean too. By the way my car is a 1997 saturn SL1. I bought the car used and knew that the lighter didnt work but now its buggin me cause ide like to be able to charge my phone but cant. I dont want to mess around with the electrical myself but I was wondering what if I just repaced the entire housing where the elecrical snaps into the back of the housing. Would that fix it?

GreenHornet1
No clue but if you disconnect the wiring at the back and see if it still blows the fuse.

Just to add to this one sometimes you can be fooled if there is something stuck in the cig lighter socket.I have been fooled sometimes at first glance even with my many years with saturn. Could you snap a good pic of the inside of the socket and post it?