WHY IS MY 30 AMP FUSE BLOWING AS SOON KEY IS TURNED TO START POSITION, (NOT ALLOWING CAR TO START)?

1997 Saturn SC2 • 197,000 miles

The fuse is located under the hood in the main fuse box, labled "IGN3 30".

* the water-pump has been leaking for a couple weeks, could water have gotten on the starter or alternator?

Corey_scheiber

What other function is not working. You need to see what is on that fuse and trace down the failure.

The heater-air conditioning blower motor, air recirculation door, rear defogger, ABS, A/C, Starter Solenoid, DRL Relay, Generator, And Starter Relay are on The 30A IGN3 fuse.

How can I isolate the problem?

Corey_scheiber
Remove the starter relay and see if it still blows. If it does not, replace the starter. If it still blows then you need to check all the other accessories.

Corey_scheiber
Let us know what happens. We have a guy, who is not on right now or he would have jumped in, called saturn 9 tech.

Just to add to add to this one do not replace the starter if the fuse doesn't blow with the starter relay out. Remove the negative battery cable then remove the purple wire from the starter. Then hook up the negative battery cable then see if the fuse blows if it doesn't bad starter. Let me what you find.
.