MONTANA ELETRIC SLIDING DOOR QUIT WORKING

1997 Pontiac Transport • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 60,000 miles

1997 Pontiac Transport Montana 3.4 mileage: 60,000. I am stationed with the British Army for two years and have no access to help for my van within 120 miles - hopefully you can help. The other day, the electric sliding door on our van quit. It was working fine until my wife and daughter tried opening it at the same time from different switches. I checked the fuse and it is still good. Do you have any suggestions?
2CarPros-Archives

The door switches in your van work by putting 12-volts and ground to the door motor. If two switches were worked at the same time, the first switch, putting 12-volts and ground and the second switch, putting ground and 12-volts, could have burned out the motor and/or both the switches. Test for 12-volts and ground to the motor that works the sliding door. This will tell you if the switches are burned out or if the motor is burned out.

2CarPros-Archives