DO YOU HAVE A STEP BY STEP PIC. ON REPLACING A IDLER PULLY ON A --2.4 TWIN CAM? THANK YOU

1997 Pontiac Grand Am • 150,000 miles

Main bolt broke off. A pic. On replacing pully.W/ spring would be very helpfull. I know I got to drill out broken bolt first
Funnyf

Idler pulley with spring?The idler pulley shouldn't have a spring. Are you talking about the belt tenisor?If so did the bolt break that holds the pulley on?

Does it look like the one I posted?

Yes, that looks like it. The main bolt that holds tenisor onto motor broke, not the bolt that just holds pully onto the spring tenisor. HOW DO I GET TO IT to get broken threaded thats broke off in block? Thank you!

Funnyf
Your going to have to put a piece of wood on the jack and slide it under the oil pan. Then jack the jack up till the engine is resting on the jack. Then remove the upper engine mount then jack the engine up to get some more room to work. As long as the bolt wasnt cross threaded when it was put in it should just unscrew. Did the bolt break flush or bellow flush in the threaded hole?

The broken bolt was broke right where threads end so that tells me that threaded part is still in hole.I was able to stick a small screw driver in hole and it went in hole about an inch or so. Is there an easyer way to get to hole?

Funnyf
You can try to use a small 90 degree pick and see if you can unscrew the bolt. If that doesnt work you can try getting a right angle drill with a reverse drill bit and drill into and hopefully the drill bit bites and unscrews the bolt. Before you do any drilling make sure you center punch the bolt dead center in the middle of the bolt. If that doesnt work then your going to have drill a hole in the bolt and try using a easy out to remove the bolt. If it doesnt come out without using too much force on the esay out because if you break a easy out in that bolt you in real trouble. If the easy out doesnt work you will have to drill the bolt out little by little till the bolt unscrews.

Thank you for your help

Funnyf
Your welcome please let me know how you make out.