WET FLOORS

1997 Pontiac Grand Am • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

My carpet in my car keeps getting wet, I try and dry it but the next day it is soaking wet again. Both front and back carpets.
Msrobinson419

Are you having to put coolant in it could be heater core it under dash and if leaking it would soak your floor on passenger side

Paulie6
That's a big leak? What was it?

Fixitmr
I found the solution to my 94 grand am, with wet carpets and blower freezing up in winter.

The water is coming in by the blower because the drain holes are plugged with leaves. There are 2 drain holes under the plastic grill under the windshield. The problem one is under the ventilator on the passenger side.

The hole to the right of the ventilator is deceiving; it actually goes under the plastic box and goes deep. When the leaves plug the hole, water rises beyond the blower and goes down the vent to the carpet.

I remove the plastic grill, then the hood. 3 screws hold down the plastic vent box. Then I use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the debris.

Check it with water it must come out into the engine compartment.

Luckyluc