1997 Pontiac Bonneville Repair Question
What else should i do?
Did that and still the same
WE ARE NOT GETTING "REAL" RESULTS ON THIS END
TEST ONE RESULTS?.....12 VOLTS....NO 12 VOLTS?
TEST TWO RESULTS?.....12 VOLTS....NO 12 VOLTS?
"BEEN THERE DONE THAT", OR ANY VARIATION, SORTA DOES NOT OFFER NUTHIN' FOR US TO DECYPHER
WE ARE NOT ATTEMPTING TO PIZZ YOU OFF....WE WANT TO HELP!!!!
WE DO THIS IN OUR SPARE TIME
WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU HAVE A VOLTMETER
WE CANNOT PERFORM MAGIC FROM HERE
PRESENTLY 4, OF MY FLEET OF 5, ARE RUNNING....VERY WELL!
1) '77 CJ 5 "MR. JEEP" IS HOT TO TROT
2) '46 WILLYS---"WILLY" IS DOWN....NEEDS CLUTCH, TORN DOWN, PARTS ORDERED, I JUST FINISHED CLEANING ALL OF THE PARTS I PULLED OUT. WASHED MY HANDS, NOW IT'S TIME TO RELAX AND ANSWER 2 CAR QUESTIONS (I WILL HAVE PICS SOON)
3) '95 DODGE NEON "LIL RED"---INSTALLED HIS NEW BATTERY BEFORE I CLEANED WILLYS PARTS
4) '03 FORD ESCAPE--WIFEYS RIG.....OF COURSE IT'S IN TIP TOP SHAPE
5) '76 FORD F-150--PRESENTLY SITTING AT MOM'S, HAS NOT BEEN DRIVEN IN 2 YEARS ON THE ROAD---ENGINE HAS LESS THAN 20,000 MILES. CRANKED EVERY 2 WEEKS AND DRIVEN AROUND THE YARD....I INHERITED IT WHEN MY DAD WENT TO SEE "THE GREAT SQUADRON COMMANDER IN THE SKY".....GOTTA MAKE ROOM FOR FOR IT AT MY PLACE
HELP US HELP YOU!
WE NEED BETTER INFO
6,884 answers provided
I have a multimeter so list everything that I need to check and how so I can go through it again I might have missed something.
I would also like to add see if the engine turns over freely by hand.
I rechecked everything and still the same. Starter fine, battery fine, and wires fine. Could it be the alternator?
Does it turn over freely by hand?
How do I do that?
With a socket and breaker bar turn the bolt on the crank.pulley clockwise.
Yeah it dose
So you have power to the purple wire with the key in the start position at the starter?