PLYMOUTH VOYAGER DOOR PROBLEM

1997 Plymouth Voyager • 200,000 miles

Heater is not working but air is blowing fine. I am trying to get some heat because it is about to get pretty nippy here soon. I went looking under the dash with a Haynes Manual and I now see something missing, but don't know what it is. This is above the gas pedal and right above the heater core lines at the center console. The White piece in the photo is not there. What is it? Maybe something that controls the blend door?

Is there some way to maybe open the blend door manually. At least temporarily.
Brianposey

Is the engine heating up to normal operating temp? Are both heater core hoses getting hot? Also, check the blend air door to see if it is working.

The engine gets to op. Temp. I have not felt around the heater core yet because I stopped when I saw the piece was not there. Went trying to find out what it is before going further since it seems to go with the AC / Heater system.

How do I check the blend door other than the slider on the dash? If I could somehow manually open the door I would but I am not sure how to do that.

Brianposey
OK, found an exploded view on a Chrysler parts site and the piece is the blend door actuator. That seems to be a big reason why I would not get heat. No Actuator. No door moving. Now to see if I can manually do something while waiting on the part.

Brianposey
You should be able to move the vent door to get heat. Did you have this car last winter? If so, did the heat work?

I got it about 2 months ago. When I did not need heat. It did not blow heat then. I kept looking for a way to move the door but just cant find a way yet. Should be good for tomorrow but then next day may be pretty chilly. Might have to layer some clothes until I get that door moved.

Brianposey
Good luck. Let me know if you have other questions.