- ENTER A QUESTION OR SUBJECT AND CLICK SEARCH -SMELL OF GAS INSIDE THE CAR IN MY 97 HOW DO I FIX IT

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora • 172,000 miles

I replace fuel pump seal on top of my gas tank where gas was leaking no more gas leak but when I drive it still smells like gas inside the car. What else is wrong?
Jaythompson

How long ago did you replace the seal?

Yesterday around 6p.M.

Jaythompson
If there is still gas that leaked out and hasnt evaporated yet then you would be smelling that. So is there any new fresh gas visually leaking?

No, not anymore since I took about four gallons of gas out. Hey could you tell me what's wrong with my gas meter it's never worked right at all. It will jump up and down sometimes when I start the car. Most of the time it just stay's below the e-line I can't read my gas meter wow where do I take it to get repaired is it electrical problem's?

Jaythompson
So are you getting a gas smell still?As far as your fuel gauge goes I can help you with that also. But I need you to start a new question for the fuel gauge issue. So that way when other users do a search on here that have fuel gauge issues with a car like yours they can be helped also by reading the results of what we find from fixing your car. Our site is here to help as many people with there car as we can. If the fuel gauge gets diagnosed and tested on a fuel leak question then other users looking for questions with fuel gauge issues will never find it in there search. Just start the question in the question box with this one is for saturntech9 and I will be more then happy to help you with your problem.

Question for saturntech9 hey my fuel gauge is not working right it sometimes jumps up and down or it just stays below the e-line most of the time. How do I get it fixed, and what's the problem it's a 97 olds aurora

Jaythompson
I already told you I would help you and that you would have to start another question so we can help other users by reading our responses. So when they search for your car and fuel gauge issues they can find our responses. Just start the question by saying this one is for saturntech9. Thank you in advance for your understanding.