ENGINE MAKES KNOCKING SOUNDS AFTER IT WARMS UP

1997 Nissan 200SX

I need to find out if a 97 nissan 200 sx ES5 5speed dohc has a crankshaft bearing or crankshaft bearings. I start it up and let it run and it takes quite a bit for it to start making knocking sounds after it warms up. I was told by a guy at autozone that it could be rod or crankshaft bearings.

It starts to sound like it knocks after awhile of warming up. I thought it was a lifter but tinkered with it and it did nothing afterwards. Still made the same noise. So if it has crankshaft bearings I can get it or them at the auto parts store but if it is the head well same outcome but more money out of my pocket.
Kaysamdayde

All engines with crankshafts have crank bearings. And connecting rod bearings, and yes you will need to take some hard eared cash, it could need a new engine.

Rivermikerat
I meant camshaft bearings lol sorry

Kaysamdayde
All engines with camshafts have camshaft bearings. I believe these will be 2 piece bearings, like rod and crank bearings. I can't find any listings for them at Napa or Autozone.

Rivermikerat