NOT STARTING, BATTERY LIGHT COMES ON ONCE CLUTCH IS POPPED.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 149,000 miles

I have a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse gs. The last two days I have had to push start my car because the starter wouldn't engage. I didn't even hear a click, but all the dash and cabin lights turn on.
When I push start it the battery light comes on. Any ideas of what I could check? The starter is less than 6 months old, so I don't think it's that.
Wilsonbjorn

Check for power to the starter motor with the key in the start position

I don't think it's the starter, once I push start it and drive it starts right up. It's a few hours later that it won't start again.

Wilsonbjorn
Does the starter work when it wont start?

When I first try to start it in the morning I hear no sounds and the dash lights dim when I turn the key

Wilsonbjorn
Your battery is low. Have it charged and check the alternator for output

Thank you roy for your help. Turns out that I had removed and replaced the original ground cable on the battery but left it hanging because it was in a harness. The terminal had become wedged in the compartment and I believe it was grounding out.

Wilsonbjorn