POWER WINDOWS

1997 Mercury Marquis • V8 2WD Automatic • 125,000 miles

Enter your question. The power window on my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis is stuck down and will only move up 2 inches. Is this something I can easily fix myself?
Leftylp

You most likely have a bad window motor can you grab the window and help it move up further while pushing the window switch in the up position?You will have to remove the inner door panel to have a look to see what's going on inside the door.

I've tried pulling up on the window while holding the switch down with no better results. I've removed the door panel and I see a white piece of plastic--I'm guessing the guide--and I'm not sure if it's travelled too far. I also found a tan piece of plastic in the bottom of the door, but since it matches the interior color I didn't think it was related to my problem.

Leftylp
Here is what I would do unhook the window glass from the regulator and see if the glass move's freely in the window channel. If it does then I would check and make sure the motor is getting a constant power and ground when moving the switch up. If it is then you have a bad motor or a broken or binding window regulator.