MILLENNIA HAS BEEN RUNNING HOT

1997 Mazda Millenia • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 100,000 miles

1997 Mazda Millennia. It has been running hot. I've had the radiator, thermostat, hoses, water pump and radiator caps changed and the car is still running hot. It doesn't keep water. I've reviewed your website and saw that people had all this stuff in their oil and I don't. I just recently had a compression check done and the mechanic says it is fine. Please help me to figure this out. I had a mechanic says that it could be a cracked head or block. What ever that means!
2CarPros-Archives

You may have an internal coolant leak. It may not leak the coolant into the oil. You will need to run the following tests to determine if your problem is head or head gaskets: Remove all of the spark plugs. Pressurize the radiator with approximately fifteen pounds of pressure and wait for approximately thirty minutes to an hour then crank the engine over and watch to see if coolant comes out of the spark plug holes. This will tell you if your problem is a head gasket or possibly a cracked head. Also, check for exhaust gases in the cooling system with the engine running.

2CarPros-Archives