4G ALTERNATOR BEARING REPLACEMENT

1997 Lincoln Continental • V8 FWD Automatic • 68,500 miles

Alternator is working fine other than bearing squeal. Made a little noise intermittantly early on but had sat for a long time before I bought the car. I've had it for 17K miles and it has gotten a bit noisy the last day or two. I am thinking of pulling it off and eplacing the front bearing.
I need to know if this is an altenator that this can be easily done on.
I've heard that some have such tight clearances that they do not come apart for easy service of the bearings. I am hoping I can just undo a few bolts & screws, pull off the face & do the front bearing. There does not seem to be any other issue with the alt. Output is fine with every single power hogging device on.
Snosaint

Dont be chicken, go to it!

Fixitmr
It has notning to do with being chicken. I already viewed a diagram. I thought that I read somewhere that the stator is sp tight against the front housing that it doesnt come off & you need to unsolder leads. I dont want to get it on a bench & ruin it completely and be without an alternator and the car for a day or three while I wait for a replacement

Snosaint
The odds of finding someone here that has done that before are pretty slim I would think. If you run into problem, just put it back together?

Fixitmr
I have changed bearings before just not on that particular 1. It looks to me if you removed cover bolts and pulley and tap shaft thru cover/bearing your home free.

Fixitmr