HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY DOOR IF IT WON'T OPEN FROM THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE?

1997 Kia Sportage • 103,000 miles

I recently bough a 1997 Kia Sportage Ex with 103XXX miles. The backseat door behind the driver's seat used to only open from the inside and after several attempts to open it, I put on the child's lock to see if it would do anything and it locked from both the inside and the outside and now won't open at all. How do I unlock it?
Deniseramirez

OTHER THAN TAKING THE DOOR PANEL OFF INSIDE AND ACTUATING THE MECHANISM BY HAND. THEN REPAIRING WHATEVER IS WRONG INSIDE

I'VE FOUND THIS TO WORK ON STUCK DOORS

TRY TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, "UNLOCK THE DOOR" (AS IF IT WOULD OPEN)

SINCE THE CHILD LOCK IS ON---THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE IS THE ONLY OPTION (IF IT WERE WORKING CORRECTLY)

HAVE SOMEONE HOLD THE OUTSIDE HANDLE OPEN

LAY SOMETHING LIKE A SMALL PIECE OF PLYWOOD ON THE DOOR PANEL, FLAT AS YOU CAN GET IT, AS CLOSE TO THE REAR OF THE DOOR AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL SPREAD OUT THE LOAD, MAYBE PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE DOOR PANEL

LAY DOWN IN THE SEAT AND GIVE THE PLYWOOD A GOOD SWIFT MULE KICK!

HOPEFULLY IT WILL POP OPEN, AND YOU DON'T NAIL YOUR BUDDY HOLDING THE HANDLE ON THE OUTSIDE!

AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS. SORTA KNOW WHEN TO QUIT. IT MAY NOT HAPPEN

CONTINUING TO KICK MAY DAMAGE SOMETHING. INCLUDING YOU!

I'VE DONE THIS ON DIFFERENT CARS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, EVEN IN THE AUTO SALVAGE YARD WHEN A DOOR NEEDED TO BE OPENED

I ALSO LOOKED IN YOU TUBE FOR YOUR EXACT SITUATION--YOU MAY FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR FOR OTHER CARS, IF YOU ALTER SEARCH WORDING

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES