WATER IN THE OIL.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 263,000 miles

I just replaced my head gaskets and intaked gaskets due to water in my oil. It has been a week and I now have water in my oil again. I have never over heated the vehicle. What could be the problem? I torqued the heads to 50 lbs and then to 105 lbs as specified. Wondering if it could be warped heads or a cracked intake manifold. Also wondering if I need to have the heads shaved due to the amount of miles on the vehicle. I have spent too much money as it is but I love my jeep and want to fix the problem.
Jtkoerner

The only time having the heads shaved is required is if they are warped. As far as the problem, did you replace the head bolts? Also, did you have the head checked to make sure there were no cracks and it wasn't warped?

Yes, I replaced the head bolts, but did not have the heads checked. I figured that since it's never been over heated I wouldn't need to. Having the heads check and shaved is my next adventure.

Jtkoerner
That is what I would suggest at this point. However, if the heads are not warped, don't have them cut.

Okay. Thanks for the insight.

Jtkoerner
Let me know what you find.