PLEASE HELP? DAILY SUV TURNING OFF AND GAS PEDAL GETTING HARD AND IT'S HALF FULL

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 15,500 miles

My jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo limited is turning off on me while driving but before it turns off the rpm arrow starts going crazy and the gas pedal gets harder the suv is full in gas. I was thinking it could be that it either needs new spark plugs or some to with the gas line or gas filter. Please help?

HtcGhost4

There is more involved than the plugs.

I would start with a fuel pressure test. Test for any stored codes particularly related to a crank sensor.

I also forgot to mention the jeep works well in cold temperatures, this problem just started recently. On cool mornings the truck starts and drives perfect. One other thing when the jeep turns off, and I turn it back on it lags bit bit still manage to turn on. You said it might be some with the fuel and you might be right. I was doing some research about the OBD light, which it comes in my truck and it says is a problem from the plugs or it can be the fuel pump or along them lines.

HtcGhost4
Get the fuel pressure test and start there

Did you ever find out why your jeep was doing that? Mine just started doing the exact same thing 2 days ago. Took it to the garage, they told me nothing was wrong with it. Apparently, it didn't do any of that for them but I got it home, rpms jumped, steering wheel got stiff, and the engine died. Then, it wouldn't even start.

Mrs.aea90