I KNOW I WAS HERE BEFORE BUT HERE IS MORE DETAILS

1997 Jeep Cherokee • 172,000 miles

I've got a 1997 jeep grand cherokee v8 4x4 the information center is saying coolant sensor bad the coolant was supposed to have been changed I had the oil changed too a heavier weight but it's still reading the same could the fan clutch be causing this or could it be the thermostat causing it or a circuit and or a fuse the jeep can be sitting for hours and it go"s from 210 too 215 in no time and if I turn on the air it's worst how to solve this or just junk the jeep?
James waring

The center never tells you a sensor is bad. It tells you something is wrong in the readings. You need to have someone with a scan tool monitor the sensor to see why the light is on.

So what about the fan it's rotating but can the clutch cause a bad reading or the thermostat being bad cause this or is the coolant sensor no good and should be changed again to stop the slight over heating?

James waring
Once again, you need someone with a scan tool to monitor the temp sensor and the other systems in the motor.

It could be one of several things but guessing is expensive and most of the time wrong.