I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM

1997 Jaguar XJ6 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

1997 Jaguar XJ6 mileage: 122,000. I'm having a problem with the fuel system on my jag. Recently when I drive it some place, when I go to leave it won't start, I have spark but it just turns over and won't fire. I swapped the run and start relays and it started once and then when I shut it off the same problem occurred when I tried to restart it. But if I unplug the electrical connections on the fuel pump in the trunk then plug them back in the car will start and run fine until I turn it off. I'm getting kind of tired of taking my trunk apart to get to my fuel pump every time I go someplace. If you can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Joshua
2CarPros-Archives

You may have a faulty fuel pump. When the car will not start, check for 12 volts at the fuel pump. If 12 volts are present, your fuel pump is the culprit.

2CarPros-Archives