FUEL PUMPS WEREN'T GETTING ENOUGH POWER

1997 Jaguar XJ6 • 15,000 miles

1997 Jaguar XJ6 mileage: 15,000. I had the engine rebuilt and the tanks recoated and then it sat. It is not a car that is driven every day. But anyway I took the car to someone to repair it and at first they said it was the fuel pumps weren't getting enough power then they said that the tubing connecting the pump to the main line was the wrong type of tubing so the replaced it and the car ran fine for a day. When gas/starter fluid is sprayed into the carburetor, it runs. Sometimes it runs for five minutes but eventually cuts off. Could you please give me at least three possible solutions?
2CarPros-Archives

With the engine running, check the voltage at the fuel pumps. If you have less than 14-volts at the pumps, you undoubtedly have a bad connection in the wiring or the switches that control the pumps. If you have 14-volts and you are having a fuel supply problem, you may be having fuel pump failure.

2CarPros-Archives