REPLACED SEVERAL AALTERNATORS

1997 Isuzu Trooper • 139,000 miles

I have replaced several alternators. My latest (wilson) volts drop on hard ecceleration, and when I rolls the back windows down? It was so idles up and down a little once it's warm and the volt meter ticks/moves a little about a 1/2 volt. Is there a charging problem? Short? Is It's like every one installed before is not compatable?

Sammy3544

What are the voltages?

The alt is steaddy at 14 volts, until the hard excelleration then it dorops to just below 12 volts. I just noticed that when I touch my turn signals the volt meter twiches, and when I roll my power windows down in the back the volts drop down to about 12 volts. This is the 3rd alt in 6 months.

Sammy3544
Also, I just had they neg battery terminal replaced. They say the alt is fine because there is a technical bulletin that says it will drop, but it does all this other stuff that tells me otherwise. Seems to be very littel out there on Troopers.

Sammy3544
No, it is not normal for this to drop to 12.

First, check the belt tension. It has nothing to do with troopers but has to do with basic electric in charging systems.

Start with basics. Check the belt tension