ENGINE WONT TURN OVER AND ITS NOT THE BATTERY

1997 Honda Del Sol • 145,000 miles

Engine will not even try to turn over its silent. When I try to crank it all my interior lights and radio are working so I dont think its the battery.

Fnhateit

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?There isnt a security light on solid or flashing is there?

No I do not have a multimeter for testing. All lights come on like normal.

Fnhateit
You will need a test light or multimeter let me know when you have one so we can trace power.

If there is no noise at all and the dash indicator lights do not dim when turned to crank, either the ignition switch or starter is bad, neutral start switch (for manual transmission) or Park Neutral Position switch are faulty.

Check the starter solenoid wire to see if it is disconnected.
Ensure shift position is in either P or N if auto transmisison.

Ok I know this sounds girlie. Where is the solenoid wire located? I bought my car new and it hasnt given me problems and yes a female that dont know jack about car stuff.

Fnhateit
The solenoid wire is at the starter motor, the one that is small and plugged in. Unplug it and use a fused wire to apply battery voltage to it.