NO COMPRESSION WHILE TURNING OVER

1997 Geo Metro • 2WD Manual • 146,000 miles

Just rebuilt the block piston rings rods mains seals everything new head for my 1997 geo metro and when I first start it it runs for 10 seconds then dies and when I try to start it right after that it turns over but no compression. Before I thought it was the hydraulic lifters but pulled them apart cleaned them and put back together still does it. It is the same sound as if you had your spark plugs out and turned your motor over. But my plugs are in. It did this before I pulled the motor out and redid it. But before it was a different head and the crank and piston rod #1 were torn up. I sent them in and had the crank welded and the rod ground. Assembled the motor put it in and still the same problem as before? It makes me think it may be a sensor or something it has been driving me crazy. I have asked many many people and still noone has seen anything like this. Anyone have any ideas?
Clay2klbs

What are the actual compression reading dry and wet.

Wrenchtech
Well when I let the car set It reads 195 On cylinder 1 2 and 3 but when I crank it over and try it again it looses compression like the lifters are sticking. And try the compression test again and its 10 on 1 and 2 and 20 on 3. Without the plugs in # 3 sprays gas while turning motor over

Clay2klbs
You could have fuel injectors flooding the cylinders with fuel which will cause it to lose compression but that usually doesn't come back by itself. Try squirting oil in the cylinders and taking a compression test.

Wrenchtech
Okay I did the compression test first and it was 15 psi on #1 50 psi on #2 and 200 on 3 then I sprayed some oil to #1 and tested it and it came out a 200 so did # 2. But what I find weird about that is # 3 is always 200 and it is also the only cylinder that sprays fuel when turned over. But that did work for the compression test.

Clay2klbs
That proves it's cylinder wash down so now you have to figure out how and why. Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if the pressure leaks down when shut off.

Wrenchtech
The car only does this when it is cold. Every time I pull the plugs they have raw fuel on them. I will run and grab that fuel pressure test.

Clay2klbs
Check the temp sensor too

Wrenchtech