VIBRATION THAT I FEEL IN THE SEAT WHEN I ACCELERATE SLOWLY BETWEEN 60 AND 80 KM

1997 Ford Mustang • 72,400 miles

Ford Mustang 3.8 Automatic
When I accelerate quickly there is no vibration
I"m thinking torque converter, Drive tran or differential
Thanks for the info
Bryanrv

MAYBE YOUR SHAKE IS MUCH LIKE MY NIECE'S WAS

WELL, MY NIECE DRUG HER '03 6 CYL. MUSTANG IN HERE THE OTHER EVENING--BEEN SKIPPING AND MOSTLY SHAKING FOR A WHILE.

PHILOSOPHY--DRIVE TILL IT WON'R GO NO MORE!

THEY SORTA FIGURED IT WAS THE PLUGS, UPON POPPING THE HOOD WHILE IT WAS RUNNING, IT SORTA APPEARED TO BE HAVING A "LIGHT SHOW" GOING ON UNDER THERE.

WE REPLACED THE PLUGS (THEY HAD 'EM ON HAND), AS IT HAD BEEN TIME TO DO SO LONG AGO. THIS WAS NOT THE PROBLEM THOUGH

BUT THE LIGHT SHOW WAS THREE DIFFERENT PLUG WIRES HAD RUBBED UNTIL THEY WERE ARCING ON THE METAL COMPONENTS THEY TOUCHED

THE ALL TIME AWARD WINNER WAS THE ONE THAT WAS RUBBING ON THE BRAKE BOOSTER---IT WAS GNAWED A THIRD OF THE WAY THRU!

THIS TIME WE INSTALLED NEW--LIFETIME WARRANTY WIRES AND I PURCHASED A FEW FEET OF 3/8 FUEL LINE, I CUT THE FUEL LINE INTO VARIOUS LENGTHS--SPLIT THEM AND COVERED PORTIONS OF THE WIRES, EVERY PLACE A WIRE DID OR COULD RUB.

THAT WAS THE FIX FOR HER!

HOPE THIS HELPS