BATTERY

1997 Ford Mustang • 70,000 miles

I have a 1997 mustang gt with 70,000 miles last year my battery died due to a heavey winter storm that covered the entire car and was never able to fix after one week, anyway the following week I decided to just put in a new optima battery as I previously had a new alternator and starter the car started like a champ and it has been garage stored since last december and it is not a daily driver, and now every two days since last year my battery keeps on dying so instead of having to recharge the battery I just disconnect the negative cable, I have checked all of the fuses and relays and all are fine I didnt see any wrong connections, what am I missing or what could possibly be draining the battery?
Jesusarena1997

You may have a draw. If you go to the site here under repairs look for battery draw. It will explain how to do it to find out where the problem is. If it's dark out leave the doors closed and see if the glove box light is on or trunk, those are usual culprits if you have them. It cold be the abs unit as well.

If it's not a draw, take your battery back. It may be defective. A lot of batteries, such as DieHard's, have great warranties!

Mechanics Discount
How could does the abs unit affect it

Jesusarena1997
They go bad inside where the electronics are and draw from the battery.

How can I test or check to see if it is the abs unit?

Jesusarena1997
You can't it needs to be scanned with a pro tpe scanner to see if anything is wrong with it. And it may not even find a problem with it.