FORD FALCON MECHANIC PROBLEM

1997 Ford Falcon • 327,000 miles

All the driver's side lights will not turn on, incl brake light, indicator light headlight etc. Mechanic who checked the car, told me he will have to take the left hand side wiring to the right hand side and connect up so the lights will work.
Other mechanic (without seeing the car) said it is a fuse problem only.
Please advise what is most likely the fault - fuse or otherwise?
Wan9

Falcons do not use independent fuses on all lights, I feel it is a loom problem.

Mhpautos
Thanks for answering this question and my other question about the radiator.
So if it is a loom problem, is he right to say he needs to take the left hand side lights to connect to the right hand side to make it work.
The electrical person that said he thinks it is a fuse problem is a mobile mechanic that will come to where I live. So I thought it will be more convenient for me to leave the car at home. But maybe he does not have the tools to attend to this job and it is better done at a workshop?
Please help.

Wan9
Jumping the loom is only a band aid fix, the mechanic sill have to do a loom trace there is probably a corroded terminal in a loom plug that is causing the problem, this really should be look at by an auto elec or a mechanic with good electrical skills.

Mhpautos
OK thanks for that. I really had some doubts about this mechanic. It is like a doctor with bad bedside manners and it makes you wonder about his expertise. He did not have a good attitude to answer questions. I will take it to an auto electrician, not even the mobile mechanic.
Thanks heaps.
The lights did work when I first went to look at the car to buy. When I took it home to clean, I knocked something that looked like a box with wires under the steering wheel and then when I finished cleaning and checked the lights, the driver's side lights could not be turned on.
Dunno if that had to do with it, but will take it to an auto electrician.

Wan9
Hi
A friend has got all the lights going except for the headlights as we ran out of time to try all the options. However, they were all to do with loose connections and a bit of pushing and prodding was all it took. I may have to take the car to an auto electrician still, but at least the problem is now downsized quite a bit. My gut feeling was quite right about the mechanic that he may not be all that careful when he said he had checked all the lights. There are mechanics and there are mechanics, right? I do appreciate your advice cos then I have a second opinion. I don't think I will go back to this mechanic anymore.
Thanks.

Wan9
Good luck, and yes there are mechanics and mechanics. A good tradesman will talk you through the problem and not leave you wondering.

Mhpautos