DID A CAR STEREO INSTALL IN MY F250.

1997 Ford F-250 • 125,000 miles

The stereo and new speaker front and rear install went well. I wanted to add sound deadening to the door. I pulled right front door panel added sound deadening material put the panel back on everything was ok. Drove truck to job site next day got home no problems. Pulled left rear panel and did the same sound deadening process as before, pulled the drivers door panel same process. I put the panels back on and drove truck to Auto zone for a couple parts and on the way noticed the tranny wasn't shifting properly the overdrive light was flashing. In addition the speedo wasn't lite up. Back at the house I found that the interior lights not working along with door locks. When pressing door unlock button the marker lights flash. I assumed that a ran a screw through a wire causing a short. I've removed all the door panels and speakers which didn't solve problem.
Aduckfan

Dont assume anything. I would start by looking at the wiring behind the radio first to see if any wires are pinched or broken.

Roy,
I disconnected the after market wiring harness to the new radio. Nothing is connected to stock radio wiring. More strange stuff. Without the key in the ignition I can press the door unlock and I note a clicking sound under the dash, nothing happens with the door unlock but for a couple moments the key in the ignition warning or the headlights on warning will start chiming and the door lock/unlock will start working. I’ve noticed the speedo digits flash very briefly a couple times. Still no interior lights.

Aduckfan
Try taking off the negative battery cable for 10 seconds and installing and see if it makes a difference.
Could be the bcm having issues here.

I've done that several times. I don't have the grounds connected when doing electrical. I'll will unhook grounds for a few minutes and try it anyway. See if something else comes up to help narrow it down.

Aduckfan
No Change. I just took for a test drive. The shift point is effected tranny won't shift unless I back of on the throttle. The over drive lite still flashes. Still no speedo or interior lights. Door locks still act the same

Aduckfan
You need a good electrical shop to track this down. The overdrive light is most likely from the speedo not working but the rest is interesting.

Take the old radio with you encase they want to start from scratch.

Sorry I could not be more help but without being there, I cannot give you anymore info.

At this point I'm forced to take truck to Ford. Since it was stated my problem would be solved or my donotion would be refunded I'm aking for a refund.

Aduckfan
We have refunded your donation per your request. We try to help everyone we can and stand behind our guarantee to refund it since we were not able to assist you. Sometimes it takes a physical inspection to locate some problems. Your local Ford dealer or electrical diagnostic center should be able to locate the problem. Thank you for giving us a try, we hope we can help you next time.

2CarPros Mike