STARTING WHEN THE WEATHER GOT COLD, TRUCK TAKES EXCESSIVE TIME TO SHIFT INTO O/D

1997 Ford F-150 • 184,000 miles

F150 drive perfectly fine through town but as soon as I hit 55mph O/D off light starts flashing and takes about 10 minutes to shift into O/D and when it does it seems to slightly jerk when hitting bumps in the road which could be me being paranoid because of the light. After it warms up, it shifts into overdrive fine but still feels like it studders on bumps, but only in O/D, never in town. Prior to this problem I did pull the instrument cluster to replace bulbs, not sure if there is a link between the two, never did unplug the battery during or after the cluster was reinstalled. Really don't want to replace the trans but if I have to, I will. Also truck has 4.6L with electronic shift 4x4. If I'm impatient for it to shift when cold, I can speed up to about 80 and it'll shift into O/D. There are no hard shifts, always quick and smooth and the trans fluid smells a little burnt. Also when driving normally down the highway waiting for it shift when cold the RPMs drop down and up like it wants to shift but won't until it warms. Could it be something in the cooling lines? Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
5.slo

Scan the computer for code/s-could be the solenoid pack and speed sensor-