FORD F-150 PROBLEM

1997 Ford F-150 • 75,000 miles

Every other auto belt tensioner appears different than what Ive seen on all the other pictures, and I have NO idea how to release the tension to put the belt back on. All the other tensioners Ive seen have a square hole for a ratchet which you turn to loosen, but mine has no such hole! All I see is a black tongue like feature with athe rubber stopper. Everything else in the process is done, but im stumped here amd have NO idea about cars more or less. So temper your answers please. How do I release the tension to put the belt back on its final pulley!

What you see in the image is the top of the tensioner, obviously attatched to the pulley which (theoretically) should loosen! Pleeeaaasseee help. Haha
Andykerner

Give us a picture of the whole thing

Here ya go!

Andykerner
Ok, the bolt head on the pulley is left hand thread. Put a wrench on it and that will move the tensioner

roy