HOW DO I CHANGE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET UPPER AND LOWER

1997 Ford Explorer • 167,132 miles

From the codes im getting and the info I have, all the roads have lead back to intake gaskets being bad
Dlrl10076

Engine? What are the codes? What has been replaced?

Docfixit
4.0L sohc.
PO171, PO174, PO301-PO306, PO430, PO001

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires. I just purchased the tps today and so far that is it. I had a diagnosic test done about a week ago and the garage said I needed to replace the intake gaskets. I have also cleaned the MAF and replaced the fuel filter. It seems to consume alot more gas then it suppose to and until it warms up it will idle rough and stall out unless I hold the gas and it will stall out while Im driving sometimes. I also hear a whistling sound while the truck is idle position

Dlrl10076
Check that air cleaner box is secured tightly and snorkle is clamped tight. Then at idle lightly spray carb cleaner around throttle body and upper intake gasket. If a leak engine will idle smooth when spray is on leak.

Docfixit
Ok the air cleanerbox is secured and clamped tight. I did spray the carp cleaner with no resuts wh I sprayed the throttle boy but when I sprayed the the upper intake it did idle smooth

Dlrl10076
Disconnect Batt, splash cove over accel. Cables, remove cables from throttle body and air cleaner snorkle. Disconnect all vacuum hoses from intake ie. IAC, TPS, EVR, VIS and PCV. Disconnect Intake Manifold Tuning Valve(IMTV)remove brake booster hose. Remove 8 Upper intake bolts(see diagram). Disconnect left side Vapor Manegement Valve VMV(see diagram) clean surfaces install gasket torque to 62ft. Lbs.

Docfixit
Ok. Thanks for your help, it looks like alot of disconnecting but overall not to bad of fix.

Dlrl10076
Yes take pics and use tape to lable hose, wire locations

Docfixit