FORD EXPLORER SMELL PROBLEM

1997 Ford Explorer

I have a 1997 explorer 4.0 auto. 2wd it runs great no over heating, missing, nothing now the issue it smokes alot when at idle it smokes when driving it smokes alot it seems to be white or grey and the air breather gets alot of oil in it . There is no antifreeze smell coming from the exhaust some one told me if it is the head gasket you will smell a sweet smell and there is no oil in the radiator, I have worked on cars for along time and I am lost on this one, thanks for any advice you can send me

It almost certainly has to be the head gasket. It just so happens that the leak is only getting antifreee into the combustion chamber and not into the oiling circuit. There are not many other possiblities when you have the smokae and smell of anti-freeze in it as you describe. I am going to give you a walk through diagnostic that will further explain the situation. Just use the link below to get to it;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/white-smoke-or-steam-coming-from-the-exhaust-pipe