ENGINE CUT-OFFS JUST LIKE SOMEONE TURN THE KEY OFF WHILE GOING DOWN THE ROAD

1997 Dodge Truck • 162,000 miles

Get up turn the key the check engine light and other lights come on like normal drive for a while and the truck just dies like someone turned the key of. Then I turn the key to the off position and back to run position the check engine light wont come on and several other lights want come on 5 to 10 minutes later all my lights come back on start my truck few minutes later samething again
Timothy chamblee

Had one do this a couple of weeks ago and it was the pcm failing hot. You need to get this verifed by a shop before spending hundreds of dollars.

Did u find the problem. Sounds like my problem/ I changed ecm, coil, cam and crank sensors w/no difference.

Ok guys give you little advice on my truck trouble solve the first few prolems lose wire not grounded was causing it to shut down and hard time to restart solve that problem the others was my tps throttle position sensor and also my maps manifold absolute pressure sensor truck almost like brand new

Timothy chamblee
1997 dodge 1500 4x4 360ci did a supid thing last weekend at the beach put my 4x4 in 4h instead of 4l was not looking at my idoit lights or gauges my water temp 220-240 my temps temp light come on do not know how long I drive before I seen them on what is the odds I damage my transmission casing or the parts any suggestion

Timothy chamblee
My 2500 Dodge SLT (Cummings) is doing the same thing. The Dodge Dealer wanted to put a new ECM ($2100) and said they could not get a code reading out of it. They could not rule out other problems. It runs great, starts fine, but shuts down. I passed thinking they were just out of ideas. It will start back up after awhile (mins-hours). I know it won't start until the "wait to start" light goes on. TO ME A LAYMAN, it sounds like a relay is faulty. I am not sure what triggers the relay. I am still hunting for answers before I spend serious money on the truck.

Dwkent01