STARTING

1997 Dodge Ram • 175,000 miles

Sometimes when I try to start my truck all I get is a click when I turn the key, then sometimes it starts right up, it took me over an hour this morning to start because the click just wouldn't turn the truck motrer, just a click click click, the truch has enough power and I just replaced the battery and alternator a couple of months ago, the problem did persist like this beforehand though as well, been goin on for about 8 months now and just seems to ber getting worse now
Wagmaster

Try smacking the starter body while trying to start. If it starts you need a starter. Make sure battery is in good condition though

Ok the battery is less than a month old I replaced it shortly after I replaced the alternator. Someone once told me that there was a bad sensor,
can that be the case? Or how about the solenoid?

Wagmaster
Did you do what I suggested inprevious reply? You'll need an assistant anduse a hammer to hit it with. Or remove the starter and take to an auto parts for testing.