DODGE INTREPID DOOR PROBLEM

1997 Dodge Intrepid • 100,000 miles

What are R& R instructions for the blend air door actuator?

REMOVAL
Remove left and right underpanel silencer/ ducts. Refer to Body and Frame/ Interior Trim/ Console/ Service and Repair. See: Body and Frame Interior Moulding / Trim Console Service and Repair
Remove two screws from actuator which are accessible from the right side of center stack.
Remove one screw from actuator on left side.
Blend Air Door Actuator

Blend Air Door Spline

Pull actuator straight down from shaft and disconnect electrical connection. Upon removal, note the shaft position of the actuator, because the shaft on this motor is keyed. When installing new actuator, its shaft must be positioned in the same location.
INSTALLATION
For installation, reverse the above procedures.

Is there an image showing the location? Is it located between the tunnel and heater case? If so there doesn't look like much room to lower the actuator down and off of the shaft.
Could you please provide instructions to remove right side under panel?

Ianhkirk
Hope this helps

Roy,

Do you have a picture of the HAVC assembly that shows locations of components? As you might know the location is very tight and I want to make sure I removing the proper actuator.

Ian

Ianhkirk
That is the only image I found. Let me see if mitchel has anything better

This is a mitchel grahic

Thanks Roy I got it out! Now I am trying to find one that is inexpensive

Ianhkirk