DODGE CARAVAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Dodge Caravan • 245,408 miles

Drove without problems from the cariboo to abbotsford (about 5 hours. Accident on road made everyone idle. Been idling for 15 minutes when I noticed steam or white smoke coming from engine. I turned on heater full blast. After sweating, no difference, pulled over turned engine off and here I sit. It is raining wet snow so I am still just sitting here after half an hour, waiting for a break to fly another 20 minutes down the road. Once at destination at least I can use the toilet. Aaarrggghh!
I am beginning to think it is the radiator leaking.
Traffic is starting to flow a little. Do I need to call a truck. Although I don't know if he can get to me.
Thanks for your time

Is it overheating? Can you hear the cooling fan working?

I hear nothing other then all the big rigs idling next to me or going by. I still see puffs of 'steam' but only very faint now. Traffic still too much to sit and idle every twenty feet or so now. Will I be able to continue to drive as is to get somewhere safe? I plan on waiting till traffic flows so there is no more idling.

Thea Evans
And thank you for replying so quick. Getting dark out. Getting scary to totally break down on the road.

Thea Evans
Is it overheating?