97 CHEVY 1500 AUTO C4 TRANNY PUDDLE LEAK IN REAR

1997 Chevrolet Truck • 200,000 miles

97 Chevy 1500 truck c4 transmission overnight leak behind u-joint at the yoke. Tranny new a few years ago, less than 10,000 miles on it.

Today I noticed no tranny leak overnight, but a small coolant leak under passenger side in front instead. AC leaking freon and doesn't work. Related, or different problem?

Runs great otherwise. Thanks!

JW

There may be a hole in the slip yoke end to prevent noise when the yoke plunges, if that is the case, there is usually an O-ring on the output shaft to prevent fluid from entering the yoke and leaking. Check if this o-ring is there. The coolant leak and the refrigerant leak should not be related. The coolant leak could be water pump, intake gasket, or heater pipe fitting. I don't know how far up front you are talking, could even be the radiator. Refrigerant could be leaking from service fitting(s), line, hose, or component.

Factoryjack