CHEVROLET SILVERADO FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1997 Chevrolet Silverado • 270,000 miles

Drove my daughter to school this morning and my truck acted fine, when I got back home and was pulling into the driveway the truck acted like it wasnt getting fuel and tried to stall. It picked back up and I parked fine, I go to leave about an hour ago, the truck starts, idles up to 2500 RPM then idles rough, When I put it in drive it idled rough and jerked and died.

when I started it agian it idled up high again then died and engine made a "fluff" noise and smoked from the front.

Last week I replaced the spark plugs, coil, control module, and checked the wires cap and rotor.

I do have a small valve seal leak too as well.

Last weeks fuel pressure test ran a high 60 psi. Could it be the pump or pressure regulator?
Joeburk

Recheck the fuel pressure-see below

Fuel pressure:

I havent found a way to the store to get a tester yet, but when I try to start it it kind of "sputters" like it wants to start but doesnt. I think it is getting too much fuel somehow

Joeburk
Ok, I pulled the pump relay and tried to start it and it backfired LOUD out the tail pipe, I removed a plug to see if it was flooded and they dont seem to be, not wet or anything, the pump was priming until I pulled the relay

Joeburk
You still need to check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also if the injectors are pulsing/energizing-

Did a fuel pressure test just now. It ran at 60 PSI while KOEO and ran 60-62 psi while trying to crank. That seems kind of low to me at crank but 60-65 are specs. Any ideas?

Joeburk
What liter engine is this-Are the injectors energizing?

It is 5.7 Liter engine. How can I find out if the injectors are energizing? Do I have to take off the upper intake? When I did the test at KOEO, the fuel pressure got to 60. But started to drop immediately as well.

Joeburk
The fuel pressure should remain steady for a few minutes not just drop immediately-open up the upper plenum and check for a leaky fuel pressure regulator/injectors