CHEVROLET SILVERADO ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Chevrolet Silverado • 210,000 miles

I have a 97 chevy silverado z71 5.7 with 4L60 16 bolt pan tranny I was getting on to the interstate this afternoon and when my truck would normaly down shift it reved out and then would not shift into 4th I take it out of overdrive and it runs through 1st 2nd 3rd fine but I have no passing gear or 4th in overdrive. HELP! PLEASE

Has the check engine light come on? Is the fluid clean and full? You may have a problem with the torque converter or front pump. I need to know if there are any codes. Otherwise, it becomes a guessing game.

Engine light has been on due to o2 senser I changed filter and 5 quarts today it has never been serviced but fluid was full but dirty I can take and have codes pulled up in the morning I left the truck at work I have to go over a real high brige to get home and I didnt want to make things worse

Blue25ms@yahoo.com
My concern is if the fluid was really dirty, there could be a problem with a clutch pack. Let me know what codes you pull. Hopefully, one will be a trans code with an easy fix.

I was hoping you were going to say shift silenoid

Blue25ms@yahoo.com
I will get them first thing is there a way to check codes
with out going to parts store

Blue25ms@yahoo.com
It could be a solenoid, but that should have set a trouble code.

Ok I will get back to you tomarrow thank you

Blue25ms@yahoo.com
I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good night