ON THE FANS THE COOLS THE ENGINE,,ARE THEY WIRED IN SEIRES FOR THE A/C,,AND IN PARRILLE FOR COOLING THE ENGINE?

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 146,000 miles

The reason I am asking this is because my temp guage is all over the place, and when my fans come on they both run, but to seems like they aren't speeding fast enuff to cool the engine like they should, I know both of them are suppost to come on at the same time, I am just thinking do they run in series with each other with the a/c on then in pairalle to cool the engine down.
Dale biggs

The fan is coming on and still not cooling the engine
Check coolant level and suspect bad thermostat
you have hi and low speed relays
you can check them too

BMRFIXIT
Replaced the t stat, coolent level, good, I don't know if there's and hi and low relays

Dale biggs
If running hot all the time
Check manifold gasket if leaking and if the head gasket is at fault

BMRFIXIT
It's not running hot at all times, the temp guage is all over, did a fresh valve job on it, I and just noticed when the coolent fans come on that they are not at a higher speed that you would thing they should be.

Dale biggs
You may have relay issue. No, they aren't wired in a series. Actually, with the AC on, only one fan should run if the engine isn't too hot.