POWER LOCKS

1997 Chevrolet Lumina • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 146,500 miles

I have a 97 chevy lumina with an aftermarket remote starter and keyless entry system. The power unlock features work perfect, but the lock features are a different story. First the lock part went out on the remote, then the driver-side switch, then passenger-side switch. Unlock works perfectly fine it's just the lock portion. I hooked a new switch up and the lock feature works fine when I hit the switch, but the remote still doesn't work. I just don't want the new switch to be damaged later on. Could there be a problem with the relay? I would like to get the remote working again.
ChevyGuy722

Check the battery inthe remote first then get your book to see if it needs reporgramming.

When I hit the lock button on the remote my lights flash, it just doesn't lock the vehicle. It doesn't bother me too much just as long as I can install the new switch without it being burned out or something. It's kinda weird how both switches went out within a week.

ChevyGuy722
You could have a bad receiver or relay that is notworking right aswell. With teh aftermarket remotes you should have received a trouble shooting step by step to see what the problem is.

Find the entry module. There are 2 wires that oper. The locks. Youll need to check them for the lock and unlock signal from the module. If yes follow the wires to where they spliced in. This is where your problem is. The remote is good because the lights flash when you hit the remote. This module is usally under the left side of dash.

Cadieman
Where is the relay for the locks located? I'm going to check the module and relay tomorrow.

ChevyGuy722
Check around the under dash as it's aftermarket so hard telling where they put it. If it were factory it would be in the underhood electrical center. I would imagine it would be under the left side where the other module is

The relay is fine because the door switchs oper.

Cadieman