WHY ARE MY INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR LIGHTS FLASHING AFTER RECONNECTING BATTERY?

1997 Chevrolet Blazer • 138,000 miles

My name is Sam, I have a 1997 Chevy Blazer, 4dr 4x4.

This Morning, I saw that my check engine light was on, and I wanted to Reset The computer to see if it would go off. Well after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, all the lights on the Blazer began to flash, minus the dome light and the headlights. Every light from the instrument panel lights and lights on the door handle for the windows, to the license plate lights and 4ways on the outside. Also when the door is open the warning sound beeps along with the flashing of the lights. The blazer still turns on and runs fine, but they still flash when the car is on, or even when it's off with no key in the ignition. There is a clicking sound similar to the flasher for the turn signals, but its on the left hand side of the instrument panel, not where the flasher is located. It actually sounds like its coming from behind the light switch. I have had other electrical problems prior to this but not on this scale. Mostly flickering lights and the blend door actuator stopped working on my ac. I was reading that old alarm systems could effect this as well, and I do have a remote start and door lock system that stopped working for me around 3 months ago, but I thought nothing of it. Hopefully you guys can help.
Corley45

WHAT ABOUT REMOVING THE BATTERY COMPLETLY

HAVING IT TESTED

IF IT PASSES--FULLY CHARGE IT AND THEN RE-INSTALL IT. FAILS, INSTALL A FULLY CHARGE 'NUTHER ONE (NOT CHARGE IT ON THE VEHICLE)

MAYBE IT'S POSSIBLE YOURS WAS NOT GIVING FULL VOLTAGE FOR THE COMPUTER TO INITIALLY RECOGNIZE?