MY HASN'T RUN FOR A WHILE, NOW IT STARTS BUT STOPS AFTER 30 SEC

1997 Audi A8 • 220,000 miles

When I first bought it the owner said the fuel pump and the ignition coils need to be replaced. I bought a new fuel pump from UK, I'm sure it's the right model for my car. Replacing just the fuel pump itself, not the whole assembly, was more convenient for me.
Also, I found some used low miles ignition coils on eBay, and I had them replaced.
The car still didn't run.
I recharged the battery, the car was still dead.
I went to a shop and they said the ECU is the problem. I towed the car to an Audi dealer, they replaced and reprogramed the new ECU - the car didn't start.
Now the car is back to the shop, and now I'm being told the fuel pump is a bad one, it doesn't give enough pressure.
Can this really be the problem? I find it impossible! The fuel pump that I bought is for AUDI A8 (4D2, 4D8) 4.2 quattro, 03.94 - 11.98,220kw, 299HP, 4172cc!
Now the car starts, but runs for only 30 seconds!
Somebody, please tell me what could be the problem?
Ioiodani

Have the fuel pressure check if its within specs-start here

I hope you replaced the fuel in the vehicle if it was sitting. As far as the fuel pump, if it doesn't produce enough pressure, the engine won't run. And, you can get a bad one.

Check the pressure yourself to see if it falls within the manufacturer's spec. Then you will know if it is working properly. Also, make sure the fuel filter isn't plugged.

Thanks for the advices, guys! Finally, the car started, it seems like there was a leak in the air intake. Unfortunately it worked just for a day. Now I can't even turn it on. I had a really bad luck with the shop where the car was checked. It's hard to trust somebody now.
The error I get right now is 18020 - engine control module incorrectly coded. I repeat: the ECU was replaced and reprogramed by dealer.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Ioiodani
Your welcome