ACURA CL ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Acura CL • 15,600 miles

Hello I just had an after market used Transmission module installed 2 days ago. The car is running so much better no cutting out & bucking or engine shut off's as before. Now it has been 5 days since it was repaired & the check engine light is on again? Does this mean the module is bad or what? Do I need to pay for another diagnostic test. The Acura dealer installed it and had me sign a wavier so they are not responsible if it goes bad what would you suggest?

Please advise. I taking it to my very reputable mechanic next week. It alos needs a CV boot repair & rotars & brakes? Is this all worth it? Could the module be bad again.

Last year the came on because it would not pass emissions that problem was resolved?
Dianev5055@comcast.net

Used parts are a gamble and have no warranty at all. You chose this repair instead of a new part for economic reasons, I am sure.
Yes, you are responsible for the diag again. Also, you are assuming it is the same thing but you dont know for sure. Have it checked first before jumping to conclusions.