WHAT MAKE MY GO INTO WINTER MODE, WHEN IN WINTER MODE IT IS SLUGGEST, NO POWER, AFTER DRIVING FOR AWHILE IT GET OK.

1996 Volvo 960 • 14,300 miles

When it have been setting, when I start it be in winter mode, one spark plug file out, but when I drive it a while it line out.

Ms1stlady01

Winter mode must be selected with the mode selection switch. It can be set into Economy and Sport as well. If it went into it on its own the TCM may be at fault.
Have the trouble coes pulled.
Any Advance Auto or Auto zone will do this for free

If it is sluggish in Winter mode it is operating normally,

Winter mode locks the rear differential and instead of starting in 1st or 2nd the transmission locks in 3rd to 4th gear for more torque or less speed, your owners manual explains this,

Eco mode ( start in 1st then shift up)narrow power-band
Sport mode ( starts in 2nd then up shifts) Broad power band for that sportier feel ( spirited is the language they use).

But is does sound like the transmission is in Limp or safety mode. Or there is a issue with the fluid the stick is to the right

Evolve960
And burred under the power brake booster

Evolve960
Definately check the fluid level as evolve stated and getting the codes checked will tell you if it is in a "limp" or "safety" mode.