MY CAR IS SMOKING WHITE SMOKE THRU THE EXHAUST PIPE EVERYTIME I TURN BUT ONLY WHEN IS RUN FOR MORE THAN 45 MINUTE, ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

1996 Volkswagen Jetta • 37,000 miles

My 1996 volkswagen jetta started smoking white smoke through the exhaust pipe and it comes thru the air vents, but it does it more when I turn left or right and only when is run for more than 45 minutes, any idea what it is?
Reyaguilar

White smoke is an indication of coolant burning. Did it overheat?

I would have it checked at a shop for a possible head gasket leak.

No its not overheating or nothing, no lights come on for the engine, can I still drive it like that to take it to a mechanic?

Reyaguilar
I would take and have it checked to be sure in case I am right. Otherwise you may do internal engine damage from driving it.

The problem that I got to drive 45 minutes from work back to the city and im not sure to drive I dont want to damage the engine or anything else

Reyaguilar
You said it is not overheating, is that correct?

No is not overheating I just drove it home and now the engine light came on, I talked to a mechanic and he said the oil is going thru the gas and that is the reason and I think it is because suddenly my oil level was low.

Reyaguilar
Not a chance. You need a new mechanic.

Start with having the code pulled and get back to us with the number so we can further assist you.