TOYOTA TERCEL ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Toyota Tercel

Daughter ran the engine low on oil and a knocking sound started in the engine, she pulled over immediately and had the car towed home, I would like to know what it could be, I suspect a rod bearing but not sure, any suggestions

SPOTA PULL THE DIPSTICK "ONCE A WEEK" AS PER MOST OPERATORS MANUALS......AND CHECK THE COOLANT TOO

THIS MEANS "OPERATOR" IS RESPONSIBLE........EITHER DO IT THEMSELVES OR HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT

NO EXCUSES....................THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NONE THAT WILL FLY!.......I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!

UP UNTIL ABOUT TWO YEARS OR SO AGO, MR. CHAPMAN (AN ANCIENT GO GETTER FELLER IN A WHEEL CHAIR), WOULD STOP BY ON SATURDAY MORNING WITH 2 CARTONS OF MILK AND A SAUSAGE, EGG, AND CHEESE BISCUIT............HE WAS NOT ABLE TO CHECK HIS STUFF, CHANGE HIS OIL AND DO OTHER STUFF...............

........................"HE" WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS TRUCK.....HE INSURED THAT I DID HIS CHECKS AND SERVICES, HE WOULD BRING OIL AND A FILTER FOR ME TO CHANGE HIS OIL.....AND I WOULD DO COUNTLESS OTHER FIXES FOR HIM TOO

..................................................................I MISS HIM A LOT

MY DAY IS "SATURDAY"I CHECK THE 4 THAT I AM IN CHARGE OFI CATCH MY MOM'S ALSO

A LOT OF TIMES I'LL JUST CHECK THE STUFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK LIKE JUST AFTER WORK IN THE PARKING LOT

I HAVE SAID ON HERE MANY TIMES......"NO ONE CARES ABOUT MY STUFF, LIKE I DO"....THAT'S WHY I DO 99% OF MY OWN WORK

YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE DAMAGE IN MULTIPLE AREAS----THE KNOCK IS THE WORST ONE----THE OTHER STUFF IS MOST LIKELY SCUFFED AND SCARRED UP...............I FEEL SURE YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO "WISH IT AWAY".........COMMENCE AN ENGINE SEARCH TO SLAP IN THERE

THESE HELP WITH THIS, AND OTHER THINGS THAT EVERYBODY NEGLECTS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

TAKE HEED.....YOU NOW HAVE ONE FEWER VEHICLE.....TAKE CARE OF THEM

I'M JUST A DIYer MYSELF.........I'M NOT WEALTHY EITHER........I JUST TRY TO SHOOT STRAIGHT WITH OTHERS

YOUR TURN