PONTIAC SUNFIRE BATTERY PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Sunfire • 205,000 miles

Hi I have a 1996 pontiac sunfire and there is an issue with my electrical system cause the battery has enough juice to start the car and run my 4 way flashers and my dome light and my signal lights but my highbeam notifier blinks my driving lights blink and once in a while my guages will jump and my stereo cuts in and out what could cause the issue
Striker747

Lll correct that its 205000 kms on it im from canada and I aint sure what the conversion is for it

Striker747
Start by having the charging system load-tested. If all you can get out of the generator is one third of its rated capacity of typically around 90 amps, it has a bad diode. That will also make "ripple" very high and can interfere with computer sensor signals and engine performance. If the generator is found to have a bad diode, replace the battery at the same time to reduce the number of repeat failures unless it is less than about two years old.