WILL NOT START SOEMTIMES?

1996 Pontiac Bonneville • 240,000 miles

Car will start. Drive it for a few miles turned it off. Tried to restart and it will not. It will turn over but will not start. Let it sit for a while and it will restart.
MRLOWEMEMPHIS

We need to see if there are any codes if so what the exact code numbers are?Also when it dies and wont start for 30 mins we need to check for spark and actual fuel pressure.

It does not die. It started this yesterday. It sat overnight and started. Then it was turned on and off several times and on the fourth or fifth time it would not start. The only code showing is for the cat converter.

MRLOWEMEMPHIS
So you you have a code P0420?Also when it doesnt start what are we missing fuel or spark?

I am assuming fuel. The plugs, wires and coil packs and also the starter and bat have been replaced. I say fuel because we have replaced two fuel pumps in the last couple of years

MRLOWEMEMPHIS
Without checking we cant assume.

I cannot check until Wed. Will get back. Thanks !

MRLOWEMEMPHIS
Your welcome keep me posted.