JUST BOUGHT FRONT BRAKE PADS TO REPLACE THEY CAME WITH A ELECTRICAL WIRE HANGING ON ONE OF THE PADS CANNOT FIND WHERE THAT WIRE GOES,

1996 Land Rover Discovery • 170,058 miles

The pads I replace works fine but since I could not find where the wire connects I just taped it. Would like to know where it connects. Also would like to replace the fuel filter but could not locate the old filter would like to see a picture where the fuel filter is located. Would like to replace the transmission filter I am assuming form the looks of it I need to take the entire pan out then replace the filter. The manufactureres book says I need 9.5 quarts but the front only takes about 6 quarts do I need to also drain the rear differential and would that take about 3 quarts. Do I need to take the pann out tilt the vehicle forward to drain more oil out of the transmission, then replace oil and tilt the vehicle backwards so oil will go back in the trani or just removing the pan will suffice. Are there sensors also on the rear pads will they have a wire that I will need to also to connect have not touched that yet. Have the antilock light on even after replacing the motor and the pads light will not go off. Where do I find grease for the front bearings and the axle what would be the coding or name for that particular grease I am in a 3rd world country nicaragua so I will need specific type or manufacturere to know exactly what grease to buy to repac the bearings the front left tire moves a little so I would like to repack both front bearings.
Nicksood

You can repack bearings with any ngli rated #2 lithium is the best from my experience. To retrieve codes for abs jump pin 5 to 15 on aldl. They are 2 digit codes it's a little tricky. We have no pics of land rover stuff but nothing is mentioned about wires on brakes. Same for rear. To do the trans pull thepan and put in what oil you need to refill. Tipping truck won't get that much more out. On your trans there shold be a drain plug, just pull that and don't worry abo tthe filter. It's in the pan

Does not help much since I am not sure why the brake pads come with a wire sticking out and a socket at the end of the 2 wires. Thanks for the trani question, WHERE IS THE FUEL FILTER LOCATED I NEED TO REPLACE IT. IS there a grease with a manufacturer # or code for the wheel bearing packing

Nicksood
Any grease manufacturer that has lithium or NGLI#2 on the tube is ok to use. Or if it says wheel bearing grease on the can/tube. If they are manufactured in the U.S. It will have both of those on it. We dont' have any pics of the fuel filter, look on the frame by the fuel tank it shouldn't be hard to see. You need new o rings with the filter so it doesn't leak.